I completed my Ph.D. in Biology at the University of Ostrava, Czechia. During my PhD, I worked with Pavel Flegontov on modeling the history of various populations and understanding the correlation of genetic and linguistic patterns. I used both frequent- and rare variant-based computational tools on autosomal genetic markers.
In the last year of my study, I have been in Max Planck Institute for Science of Human History in Jena, Germany as a visiting student to learn analytical methods in population history for 7 months.
I had an internship in Stephan Schiffels' lab in Max Planck Institute for Science of Human History to improve my skills on analytical methods in human populations.
▪ Thesis: Bridging the Americas and Eurasia: Population History of American Arctic Peoples / Advisors: Dr. Pavel Flegontov, Dr. Stephan Schiffels
▪ Thesis: Mitochondrial Genome Analysis and Haplogroup Determination in Ancient Human Skeletons / Advisor: Assoc. Prof. Ercan Arıcan
▪ Thesis: Optimization of ancient DNA isolation from goat and pig skeletons excavated from Yoncatepe/Van / Advisor: Assoc. Prof. Ercan Arıcan
- Flegontov P, Altınışık NE*, Changmai P*, Rohland N, Mallick S, Bolnick DA, Candilio F, Flegontova O, Jeong C, Harper TK, Keating D, Kennett DJ, Kim AM, Lamnidis TC, Olalde I, Potter BA, Raff J, Sattler RA, Skoglund P, Vajda EJ, Vasilyev S, Veselovskaya E, Hayes MG, O'Rourke DH, Pinhasi R, Krause J, Reich D, Schiffels S. (2019) Palaeo-Eskimo genetic ancestry and the peopling of Chukotka and North America. Nature. 570, p. 236-240. IF 41.577
- Kılınç GM, Koptekin D, Atakuman Ç, Sumer AP, Dönertaş HM, Yaka R, Bilgin CC, Buyukkarakaya AM, Baird D, Altınışık NE, Flegontov P, Götherström A, Togan İ, Somel M. (2017) Archaeogenomic analysis of the first steps of Neolithisation in Anatolia and the Aegean. Proc. R. Soc. Lond. B Biol. Sci. IF 4.940
- Flegontov P, Changmai P*, Zidkova A*, Logacheva MD, Altınışık NE, Flegontova O, Gelfand MS, Gerasimov ES, Khrameeva EE, Konovalova OP, Neretina T, Nikolsky YuV, Starostin G, Stepanova VV, Travinsky IV, Tříska M, Tříska P, Tatarinova TV§. (2016) Genomic study of the Ket: A Paleo- Eskimo-related ethnic group with significant ancient North Eurasian ancestry. Sci. Rep. 6:20768. IF 5.228
- Altınışık, N. E. (2016) Modern İnsan Popülasyonlarında Arkaik İzler. Kebikeç İnsan Bilim. İçin Kaynak Araştırmaları Derg. 41, 283–294 (in Turkish)
- Altınışık, N. E. (2016) Adaptif Melezlenme: Homo Sapiens’in Dünya Yayılışında Etkileri. Toplum ve Hekim 31, 295-298 (in Turkish)
II Joint Congress on Evolutionary Biology – Montpellier 2018
- Comparing Alternative Hypotheses on the Peopling of the American Arctic
Ecology and Evolutionary Biology Symposium – Izmir 2018
- Modeling the origin and expansion of Turkic speakers
Ecology and Evolutionary Biology Symposium – Istanbul 2017
- A New Model for Peopling of the American Arctic